NORTH HUNTINGDON, Pa.–(Company WIRE)–The ExOne Business (Nasdaq: XONE), the world chief in industrial sand and metallic 3D printers working with binder jetting engineering, these days launches the broadest portfolio of industrial-grade 3D printed tooling obtainable — featuring new alternatives for plastic injection molding or forming, laying up composites, casting metals, and additional.
Presently the world leaders in providing binder jet 3D printers for sand molds and cores for metalcasting applications, ExOne is growing its tooling portfolio pursuing the earlier announced acquisition of property from Freshmade 3D as properly as profitable tests of new 3D printed metallic tooling options with world-wide production consumers.
New X1 Tooling products will be on display up coming 7 days at Chicago’s McCormick Put all through Immediate + TCT, North America’s major and most influential additive production event. ExOne will be positioned in booth E7613.
“Today’s start of the X1 Tooling portfolio is the immediate outcome of robust purchaser desire for tooling choices that speed up supply situations and deliver tooling closer to the level of closing generation, wherever that is for them,” claimed John Hartner, ExOne’s CEO.
“As the COVID pandemic has ongoing disrupting provide chains, we have experienced a lot more and additional companies request us: ‘Can you 3D print tooling?’ Today, we’d like the market to know that the respond to is sure — we can aid de-hazard your source chains and make them far more sustainable, with considerably less delivery and other sorts of squander. Our new tooling portfolio is a grand slam of fast and cost-effective new tooling solutions for manufacturers.”
Quite a few buyers are now utilizing ExOne’s binder jet 3D printed tooling selections, which includes Sweden-based Celwise AB, which is making use of X1 MetalTool 316L for an impressive molded fiber application detailed in today’s simultaneous launch. Additionally, North American Mildew in Auburn Hills, Michigan, has preliminarily verified out X1 MetalTool 420i and 316L for both equally injection molding and blow molding applications and will serve as an ongoing enhancement husband or wife to ExOne on these apps, with broad business readiness envisioned in the initially 50 % of 2022.
A Rapidly and Flexible Tooling Portfolio
In all, producers can now leverage six new and cost-effective tooling applications from ExOne.
For Plastic Generation
- X1 MetalTool – This all-new 3D printed steel tooling option has passed preliminary tests to change normal metal or aluminum tooling for plastic injection molding, blow molding, and other plastic and foam forming apps. X1 MetalTool is accessible in 420i, a very strong and very affordable steel-bronze matrix, as effectively as 316L stainless steel, M2 device steel, and much more. This tooling can be complete machined, acid etched and polished to a diamond finish, and is presently suitable for complicated inserts. ExOne is at the moment searching for added development associates to broaden longevity screening of this item line.
- X1 ThermoForm – A 3D printed sand kind is infiltrated with a durable resin and coated to develop small- to significant-format molds for a variety of thermoforming programs, this sort of as vacuum forming, compression molds, foam molding, and additional.
For Composite Creation
- X1 Layup – A 3D printed sand variety is infiltrated with a durable resin and coated for superior-precision, high-temperature composite layup programs. X1 Layup presents dimensional tolerances of +/- .025” and tooling can be precision machined to +/- .005” if necessary.
- X1 Washout – This 3D printed sacrificial tooling washes out with faucet water soon after standard layup and autoclaving of composite elements, which includes carbon fiber. X1 Washout is a sand form 3D printed with a water-soluble binder and surface coated. Great for ducting, mandrels and other designs with trapped geometries.
For Metal Output
- X1 SandCast – ExOne is the longtime sector chief in promoting 3D printers for sand molds and cores for metalcasting. Sandcastings can be shipped in a wide variety of sand types and binders, which include sustainable inorganic formulation for large-good quality aluminum castings.
- X1 MetalTool – In addition to plastic forming programs, X1 MetalTool can also be applied to instantly 3D print close-of-arm tooling, and rugged perishable or consumable reducing applications in a assortment of metals, which includes software steels.
- X1 DieMold – Nonetheless in progress, rugged die molds 3D printed in H13 instrument steel are currently rapidly-tracked with many world wide companies after passing proof of thought tests.
Flexible Tooling Possibilities and Dimensions
Producers can now order X1 Tooling products right from ExOne via the company’s ExOne Adoption Centers — or manufacturers can buy a 3D printer for tooling purposes.
Sizing alternatives range for the sort of tooling as detailed underneath:
- All sand- and sand-infiltrated applications, which features X1 ThermoForm, X1 Layup, X1 Washout, X1 SandCast, are generated in the build volume of ExOne S-Max® sequence printers: 1800 x 1000 x 700 mm (70.9 x 39.4 x 27.6 in.). The printed sections can also be segmented and assembled alongside one another ahead of epoxy infiltration to make even more substantial tools.
- At the moment, all X1 MetalTool and X1 DieMold instruments are 3D printed in an X1 25Pro® build quantity of 400 x 250 x 250 mm (15.75 x 9.84 x 9.84 in), with improvement underway to 3D print tooling solutions in the X1 160Pro™, which presents a create quantity of 800 x 500 x 400 mm (31.5 x 19.7 x 15.8 in).
What is Binder Jet 3D Printing?
ExOne’s binder jet 3D printing transforms powdered supplies — steel, sand or ceramic — into hugely dense and functional precision parts at superior speeds.
An industrial printhead selectively deposits a binder into a mattress of powder particles creating a reliable section a single slender layer at a time, comparable to printing on sheets of paper. When printing metals, the closing bound metal portion should be sintered in a furnace to fuse the particles with each other into a strong item. ExOne now provides high densities of better than 97% for most metals, in line with Steel Injection Molding or gravity castings.
Binder jet 3D printing technologies is considered as a fascinating and sustainable production system, mostly simply because of its significant speed, very low waste and charge, as well as content versatility.
For much more information and facts, visit www.exone.com/X1Tooling
ExOne is the pioneer and worldwide leader in binder jet 3D printing technology. Due to the fact 1995, we’ve been on a mission to produce powerful 3D printers that clear up the hardest difficulties and empower entire world-shifting improvements. Our 3D printing programs quickly rework powder elements — such as metals, ceramics, composites and sand — into precision components, metalcasting molds and cores, and revolutionary tooling solutions. Industrial customers use our technological innovation to save time and funds, lower waste, enhance their production adaptability, and supply designs and products and solutions that were once extremely hard. As home to the world’s leading group of binder jetting industry experts, ExOne also supplies specialised 3D printing products and services, together with on-demand from customers creation of mission-significant areas, as very well as engineering and style and design consulting. Understand extra about ExOne at www.exone.com or on Twitter at @ExOneCo. We invite you to join with us to #MakeMetalGreen™.